Gene Blow – QLD
Follow our multi-talented presenter, Gene Blow, into the heart of Aboriginal culture. From the explanation of Aboriginal protocols to dance performance and workshops, through dreamtime stories, the exploration of the symbolic Aboriginal Art forms and didgeridoo playing, your students will gain a new understanding of the rich and ancient traditions of Australia’s first inhabitants.
Larry Brandy – NSW, ACT
Indigenous Infusion will introduce your students to the many Aboriginal Nations around Australia, including Larry’s nation, the Wiradjuri. Students will be introduced to ancient artefacts, tools and hunting practices as well as costumes, instruments, dances and traditions. The perfect introduction for your students to the rich and diverse cultures of Indigenous Australia.
True Culture – VIC
Mitch and Ian will take the students on an Indigenous journey with a multimedia presentation, storytelling, face painting, didgeridoo and dance. This interactive program includes a brief introduction to the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander culture, traditional dances and songs.
Walangari – NSW
The multi-talented Walangari Karntawarra is an Arrernte Aboriginal elder from Alice Springs who lives and works in Sydney. He is an international award winning, contemporary “Western Desert” painter as well as an accomplished musician and performer.
Join Walangari for an entertaining and educational program showcasing traditional dance, music and storytelling.
Western Creation – VIC
The Indigenous Infusion program is the perfect introduction into Indigenous history and culture. Students will develop a new understanding of the rich and ancient traditions of Australia’s first inhabitants. Schools can choose from dreamtime storytelling or a dance and didgeridoo workshop, bringing the students an insightful introduction into the rich and diverse cultures of Indigenous Australia.
1800 010 069 toll free
Prep > Year 12
Cost per Student
$6.00 (excluding GST)
Number of Students
Min $990.00 (inc GST)
Curriculum Benefits of this Program
SOCIETY & ENVIRONMENT
– Ensure that schooling contributes to a socially cohesive society that respects and appreciates cultural, social and religious diversity
– To develop understandings of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures
– Students interact with people and cultures other than their own and are equipped to contribute to the global community
– Cultural awareness and learning about Aboriginal history
– Students participate in creative activity of their own and understand and engage with the artistic, cultural and intellectual work of others