JOB TITLE: SALES/MARKETING/BOOKINGS CO-ORDINATOR (CI Schools Program)
STATUS: Full time Paid position
SALARY RANGE: $37,000 + super + CPI increase
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
Cultural Infusion is at the forefront of the Australian cross-cultural arts industry! As a national arts and cultural organisation, Cultural Infusion captures the hearts and minds of audiences Australia-wide with its innovative and interactive tours, concerts, events, school incursions, community arts and corporate training programs. Celebrating diversity, inclusiveness, harmony and well-being, Cultural Infusion showcases artists from diverse backgrounds to present cross-cultural performances and workshops to more than 300,000 people annually.
CULTURAL INFUSION SCHOOLS PROGRAM
Cultural Infusion Schools Program (CIS) began in 2003 to introduce Australia’s youth to the wonders of diversity through arts and cultural presentations. The program has expanded into every State and Territory in Australia and reaching more than 200,000 students annually. Across the country, the CI program provides a comprehensive program for both primary and secondary students and teachers in metropolitan and country areas.
CIS is a multidisciplinary program utilising arts & cultural practitioners from diverse cultures and backgrounds, as a primary communication tool to enhance the school curriculum.
CIS performance-workshops are interactive and engaging. Students gain an insight into the wealth of our diverse nation and explore the history, traditions and languages of various cultures.
The CI Sales & Booking Co-ordinator is responsbile for the sales, coordination and delivery of national schools program.
The position reports to the CI Sales and Marketing Team Leader with a high level of interaction and collaboration with other staff as well; the position has a strong working relationship with artists, teachers and interstate CI staff. The position undertakes operational and administrative tasks relating to regular intrastate and interstate program bookings and tours, concerts, budgets and additional projects relevant to the CI program. The position also liaises with schools and cultural groups on matters relating to the conduct of the program, and provides general administrative support to the Marketing and Development Manager. Occasional out-of-hours work and regional travel may be required during the year.
The position may require
• Out of hours work, and
A current driver’s licence is desirable.
A six month trial period applies before the position becomes permanent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 Programs: Incursions/Concerts/Workshops/Artists in Residency
- Manager all scheduling and booking co-ordination of incursion, concerts, workshops, etc.
- Attend schools performances where required and complete evaluations on each performance
- Manage and coordinate the distribution and return of all CI program-related agreements and paperwork from clients and artists.
- Effective management of the CIS in the respective states which enhances the profile, understanding and reputation of Cultural Infusion
- Provide education and artistic support for the development and monitoring of groups
- Monitor and report on the strategic operational directions of state organizations/arts/cultural agencies as they might affect CIS
- Negotiate artist & cultural presenters availability for all activity including school and non school requests
- Manage production of ensemble videos and DVDs
- Manage effective correspondence with teachers and principals
- Collect and maintain client feedback in relevant database and files
- Input into and review of artists and cultural presenters contracts
- Maintain relationships with key arts, cultural and education providers
- Liaise with artists, cultural presenters, staff and clients to ascertain all requirements for intra and interstate concert tours.
- Administer and manage accommodation and transport arrangements as required
- Create and issue itineraries to artists, cultural presenters and staff within the specified budget and the timeframe stipulated in contracts
3 Sales & Marketing
In conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Departments, be responsible for the marketing and promotion of the CIS Program including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Achieving agreed sales targets
- Undertake telemarketing of the CI Schools Program
- Contribute and provide support to annual marketing campaigns as required Create and implement state-based marketing and publicity strategies, with guidance and feedback from the marketing staff
- Attend/Present at conferences, stakeholder events, teachers’ and principals’ meetings and other appropriate gatherings to raise the profile of the program
- Assist in writing articles and/or media releases about CI programs and services for placement in relevant newsletters, journals, newspapers, internet bulletin sites and magazines
- Develop and maintain professional networks to seek opportunities to promote CI
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant funding bodies
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations for marketing and promotional resources
- Provide content for production of school brochures and websites in conjunction with respective supervisor
- Prepare information for funding submissions, implement those agreements, provide information for acquittals/reporting
4 Administrative duties
- Liaise with clients and artists/suppliers via phone, fax and email
- Maintain and update CI database
- Prepare agendas and take minutes of CI team meetings, liaising with the supervising staff member
- Co-manage distribution of marketing material to all schools
- Assist in monitoring supplies of marketing material, resource kits and CDs as required
- Other duties as required
- Ensure that all program budgets are consistent with company requirements and margins
- Check and code invoices and maintain accurate ‘actuals’ spreadsheets and purchase orders associated with accommodation and travel for CI staff and artists
- Devise, manage and monitor budgets for all CI performances and tours as required
- Provide detailed weekly progress reports on the program
- Adhering to all financial management systems as instructed by the Head Office
- Ensuring that all necessary criteria for funding agreements are adhered to as required
6 Other duties as required
- Various operational, marketing and administrative duties as required for additional events such as:
- Australian Music Days (metropolitan and country)
- Naidoc Week, Harmony Day, National Days, Cultural Diversity Week, Refugee Week etc.
- Marketing events
- Cross-company events as request by Company Director
- Professional development courses and concert tours, as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Excellent sales results and experience in a sales/booking environment
- Demonstrated accountability for delivering high quality projects on time and to budget.
- Demonstrated exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced level IT skills in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel (both as spreadsheet and database) and Publisher or other desktop publishing programs
- Demonstrated experience in database management programs and/or booking programs
- Demonstrated experience in direct marketing and telemarketing
- Experience in quality assurance and customer support
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communications and relations, especially telephone technique
- Ability to work as a member of a busy team and autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of and sensitivity in dealing with indigenous and CALD communities
- Working knowledge of education and arts sectors
- Relevant Tertiary Education qualification and/or equivalent experience
- Commitment to working in the arts industry, specifically in operations or arts education
- Event Management and/or Technical experience (audio/visual and lighting)
- Previous marketing, publicity or public relations experience
- Classroom teaching experience
- Current drivers licence
***Please address the key selection criteria as the minimum requirement for applications, with additional information covering other desirable qualities preferable.
Information about Cultural Infusion can be obtained by viewing our website: www.culturalinfusion.org.au and downloading the position description from our News page.
Please forward all applications by cob email@example.com to Pooja Harischandra.
Applicants must be available to start by the 29th of April 2013.
Phone 03.9412 6666 if you require further information about the position