The Culture in Community Development program aims to work with communities towards social harmony and wellbeing through education, engagement programs and projects. Culture is the cornerstone of community wellbeing, and if looked at in the broadest sense, influences aspects of community life from environmental sustainability to social cohesion to health and wellbeing. Communities that are rich in cultural resources tend to have better wellbeing all round.
The various programs and projects that Cultural Infusion runs in this area all aim to strengthen the bonds that create community.
Our vision is an Australia that is culturally and socially cohesive that values the richness of our collective cultural heritage and encourages all people to be creative and imagine a tomorrow that is better than today.
To build cultural harmony and wellbeing through contributing to a society that:
- values intercultural understanding
- utilises its’ cultural richness to benefit society as a whole and
- uses cultural and artistic expression as a means of promoting social cohesion
In achieving our mission we use a range of tools to engage, educate and entertain including:
- Arts – projects, productions, events and concerts that promote intercultural interaction and understanding.
- Community – projects, events and programs that empower communities to work together.
- Education – incursions, workshops and programs that provide students with experiences of culture and creativity that are designed increase intercultural awareness
- Youth – programs, projects and events that encourage young people (especially those that are disengaged) to be healthy, active and culturally aware community members.
Cultural Infusion is a social enterprise that works in education, youth, communities and the arts to promote cultural harmony and wellbeing for a more cohesive and richer society. Cultural Infusion is dedicated to promoting equality, social justice and encouraging a broader understanding of culture across our community for the benefit of all. Over the past six years we have worked with diverse tools to enable the greatest number of people possible to experience vibrant cultural and inter-cultural arts and social initiatives. As an organisation that promotes inter-cultural understanding we have a strong belief that as a diverse society living in a globalised world the ability to move between and respect cultures other than our native one is an invaluable asset for personal and community development.